Question Unanswered: "List Applications" command- inconsistant results

Hiya's,
    I'm running UDB version 7.1.0 (fixpack 0) on AIX. and I'm running into a strange situation ... when issuing the "list applications" command to the database, sometimes it shows all of the connections(at least I think it's all of them) and other times it shows "no data" .. ie.. no connections. I issue the list command to see who will be affected by my next commands or if a particular app is connected to the database and not completely shutdown... and I need the results of the list to be accurate.
    Has anyone ever run into this before? ... I can't make it happen on any other versions of UDB we're running... I've been running UDB on AIX since version 6.1.5 and have upgraded many times and have some systems running 7.1.3,7.1.4,7.1.5 ... any ideas???

Thanx!
    TAzGa

Try taking a snapshot:

db2 get snapshot for all on <database name>

Specifically look for applications, if the list apps is empty, I would expect the snapshot to come back empty. Might help verify...

Also, you could try running:

ps -ef|grep <instance name>

This should show pids called db2agent. If they are indeed doing work against the database in question they should contain the database name in the PID name field.

Hope this helps,
    raj

Unhappy Re: "List Applications" command- inconsistant results

TAzGa

We are experiencing the same issues you describe with the "db2 list applications" command. Have you corrected your problem?

Thanks,
    dshepard

Re: "List Applications" command- inconsistant results

dshepard,
    I never found a reason for this happening, but the problem went away for us when we upgraded to version 7.2 ( version 7 fixpack 3 ) ... I'm currently running Fixpacks 3, 5, and 7 in various environments and we haven't seen this behavior since.

TAzGa