Wink Unanswered: Clearing Form Fields

I am trying to learn a bit about Access and I am running into a problem. I have a form that has two drop-down boxes (category/subcategory).

Based on what is selected in the category drop-down will determine what is available in the subcategory drop-down.

That portion is working fine. However, if I decide to change whatever the initial value of the category field is, the old subcategory value is still displayed until I select a new record from the subcategory drop-down.

I am looking for a way to have the subcategory automatically clear itself out as soon as a selection is made on the category field.

Any input would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Hirk

Suppose you have comboboxes cboCategory and cboSubCategory. Then in afterupdate event for cboCategory put following code.

cboSubCategory.Rowsource = "Select LookupValues From tblLookups Where Category='" & me.cboCategory & "';"

HTH

Thanks for the input. That does the trick for the lookups, but if I selected a value already, it doesn't clear out the box.

For example, if I select:

Category: Sports
    Subcategory: Football

then I go back and change sports to "Recipes" it will look like this:

Category: Recipes
    Subcategory: Football

I then need to manually delete "Football" for the lookup to be accurate. I am looking to have the subcategory field flushed to a null as soon as I select a different category.

OK, try this:

cboSubCategory.Rowsource = "Select LookupValues From tblLookups Where Category='" & me.cboCategory & "';"
    cboSubCategory = NZ(DLookup("LookupValues","tblLookups","Category=' " & me.cboCategory & "'"),1)

HTH