Unanswered: Newbie Question: Scheduling DTS Error

Hello all,

Although I am a somewhat experienced Oracle DBO I have been working on a SQL Server 7 problem.

I user the DTS Wizard to make a DTS package and the package works fine when I execute it manually, whether it is to create a local text file or to upload to a remote server.

BUT...

at any point when I try to schedule the the package I get this error:

Microsoft SQL-DMO (ODBC SQLState: 42000)
    [Micorsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server][Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server Connection

I get this message as soon as I click on 'schedule task', whether its to creat a text file or connect to a remote server. Whether I user NT Authentication or SQL server authentication. I cant seen to find this error on any of the search engines either.

Maybe I dont know because I am new with SQL Server, but does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance
    Aaron

The scheduler is run under the 'SQL Server Agent', if you go to properties screen you will see a header 'Service startup account'. If it is set to 'System account' you should set it to 'This account' and choose a domain acount that has the proper rights.

At the site that I am at I've created a new NT user called SQLAdmin which is part of the NT Domain Administartor group and I have the service startup as this user.

problem scheduling DTS package !

I have the same problem:

I changed the service startup account but this does'nt make a difference.
    Are there any other sollutions ????

Possible MDAC version problem

I got the same error, although for a different problem. Assuming all settings are correct, perhaps this info from Microsoft would be helpful.

FIX: SQL Server ODBC Driver Ignores Authentication Setting (Q279526)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The information in this article applies to:

Microsoft ODBC Driver for SQL Server, version 3.6
    Microsoft SQL Server 2000 (all editions)
    Microsoft Data Access Components version 2.6

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SYMPTOMS
    When you use the SQL Server ODBC driver version 2000.080.0194, which was released with SQL Server 2000 and Microsoft Data Access Components (MDAC) 2.6 RTM, the authentication settings for ODBC data source names (DSNs) are ignored. The driver attempts to log directly into SQL Server using NTLM authentication (integrated security) without prompting for a user ID and password.

This can cause authentication failures, messages that database objects are not available, or unintentional modification of the wrong objects when copies of objects are maintained in multiple databases.

RESOLUTION
    To resolve this problem, obtain the latest service pack for Microsoft Data Access Components 2.6. For additional information, please see the following article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

Exclamation scheduling DTS package results in authentication error

Try named pipes instead of tcpip

Make sure "Force protocol encryption is not enabled" on one, also check your security settings for sql/and Windows login ....in Client Network Utility, and TCP/IP and named pipes there...