0 0%
  • test

0 0%
  • test

0 0%
  • test

0 0%

Unanswered: FileMaker hangs at startup

I'm running FileMaker 5.0 Pro on an NT platform on Compaq iPaq workstations. Up until recently the performance has been great. However recently, two of the workstations have had a problem where they take an average of 5 - 6 minutes just to start the application upon clicking the icon. Also, it takes 5 - 6 minutes to open any FileMaker file once the application is running. I have heard that this is possibly caused by a corrupt service running on the workstation, but this problem is not limited to one workstation and after many attempts I cannot seem to isolate the service. Has anyone had a problem with this or have any suggestions? I have tried uninstalling / reinstalling the app, removing the TCP/IP protocol from the workstation, taking the workstation off the network and nothing seems to work. Once I get through the long start up process it works fine. Also of note is that there are other identical workstations in this same office that work great.

Thanks,
    Scott

It crashes and the features never work properly!
    Have you tried re-installing? I would guess that there is some sort of network broadcasting/searching going on there but I'm not positive.

JW

Have reinstalled many times. I have upgraded the OS to Windows2000 and everything is working smoothly now. I just wish I knew what it was in case it happens again.

It crashes and the features never work properly!
    I don't use the Windows version of FileMaker much so I am not really sure. Make sure you have enough RAM so that the OS isn't having to use the page file a lot.

JW