Because of the error problems I was having (see thread here: http://dbforums.com/t310179.html), I decided to uninstall, then reinstall MySQL. All I had was dummy data since I'm just doing some initial dev work so no big deal.

Wrong. The uninstall went okay (allegedly), but when I went to reinstall, it fails immediately. First it tells me that the unInstaller failed to initialize and that I may not be able to uninstall, then it tells me that an error occurred during the move data process (-115, component: servers, File Group: Servers, File: mysqlbug.txt). After that, the window just closes out.

So I check my file structure and most of the old mysql directory is still there. When I try to delete it manually, it tells me that the bench-init.pl file cannot be deleted and may be in use. The server is uninstalled and the service is shut down. How could it still be in use? In the meantime, I don't have MySQL available for dev work.

Can anyone get me out of this mess without having to rebuild my server? I am or was running MySQL 3.23.47 on a W2K machine with IIS. I was trying to install v3.23.49.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.