Unanswered: Microsoft Analysis Services on the web problem

Hi All!

We are trying to implement a web solution which include some OLAP cubes. We are using the followings applications and components:

Server: Windows 2000 - Microsoft Internet Information Server - SQL Server 2000 - Microsoft Analysis Services

Client: Active X Cube Browser included with Office 2000 - Pivot Table Services

For access the cubes, we developed an ASP which includes the Active X, and connect to the Analysis Services server. If i access this web page from the server, i can view the cube, and use it without any problem, but if i try to access the cube accross internet, i am having the following problem:

"The operation requested failed due to security problems - the user could not be authenticated"

If you have any idea or suggestion about this problem, let me know.
    Thanks!

Ignacio

It depends on the secuity mode you are using with SQL server most sane people wont let NT authentication through their firewall which leaves SQL logins only.

Try setting up the accounts to use SQL only authentication & see how you go.

Post back if probs

J.

We already solve the problem.

Thanks for your advice, but we already solve the problem.

We need to install SQL Server 2000 Enterprise Edition, because it has http connection and it works.

Thanks again,

Ignacio

Unhappy OLAP Security over Web

HII
    Can u tell me what was the permissions in the cube.

1) if the cube gave has access to everyone . How did u restrict people on the network to access the cube.
    2) if it was specific domain users. How did u manage to propagate security of a user accessing from the page.

Regds
    Ram

Originally posted by isbampato
    Thanks for your advice, but we already solve the problem.

We need to install SQL Server 2000 Enterprise Edition, because it has http connection and it works.

Thanks again,

Ignacio
    K.Ramakrishnan
    Chennai

Ram,

we didn't configure a secure environment yet, because the cubes were prepared only for a demo in our intranet. We have created a test database, and a test set of cubes, and added a new user only for use in this test environment, and with full control over it.

Besides, we added basic web authentication to the web page with the online cubes.

We didn't analyze yet how to secure this because it's still at a test phase.

Best regards,

Ignacio