Unhappy Unanswered: Executing Stored Procedures from Access 2000

Sorry if this is a dumb question but I am relatively new to SQL Server.

The company I work for has SQL Server running on a Windows 2000 network and operating system (all the clients are also 2000).

We have a small SQL server database that is being accessed through MS Access 2000 project.

My problem is that one client machine was set up incorrectly during the migration to 2000, with a duplicate name as an existing machine on the network. The network administrator subsequently renamed the machine and now that client sees all the stored procedures in the SQL database with a ;1 after the name. There are several other users who can see and use the database without any problems. Also logging onto a different machine with the same login name works fine.

There is obviously some kind of rights or permissions problem tied to the machine id, but I have no idea where to look or how to fix it.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Steve

Get you admin to remove the renamed pc TOTALLY off the domain & then re-add it.

Are the stored procedures with ";1" at the end of the names copies of the originals, or the originals?

Normally you can create stored procedures of the same name but each stroed procedure will have a different owner. The stored procedure name is actually made up of owner.stored_procedure_name
    where owner is the 2000 login Id or SQL Id, and stored procedure name may be sp_count_transactions.

J.

Thanks for that.

Having tried various solutions we have completely rebuilt the machine from the ground up. This - although not ideal has in fact rectified the problem.

Thnx again for your reply.

Regards

Steve