Post Unanswered: Intermedia about() search returning proper and improper results

I am doing a topical (aobut()) query on an indexed column in an 8i database using intermedia to query and then highlight a pdf document using the following query.

SELECT SCORE(1),FILE_LOC,ID,title FROM SAMPLE_DOCS2 WHERE CONTAINS(FILE_LOC,'ABOUT(search_string)',1)>0 ORDER BY SCORE(1) DESC

I send the id, and search_string of that to the markup command. My problem is not that it isn't highlighting anything, but rather that it is highlighting too much. If my query is on the string 'change', for example, it highlights both the words change and revised in the produced document like it is supposed to. But then it also highlights the following

'following '
    '.....'
    'verificatiion', and severl other random bits, around 30 in a 100 page document.

If anyone knows how oracle's "about" query works or has any insight into the problem, it would be greatly appreciated. I imagine it has something to do with the thesauras or how many levels I am going into. Thanks for reading this, and any insight you have.
    Last edited by rzavitz; 03-08-02 at 08:38.