Unanswered: maixum file size in Access

What is the maximum file size ( or a table size) that can be created in MS Access.

Unfortunately, you didn't indicate MSAccess version, so here are some numbers to keep in mind if you develop ACCESS '97 tables and databases:

database max size: 1 GB (INCLUDES linked tables)
    number of objects: 32 K
    concurrent users: 255
    password size: 14 char
    user name: 20 char

open tables: 1 K
    text field: 255 char
    memo field: 64 K
    indexes: 32
    fields in index: 10

Access 97 -> 1 GB, 2000&2002 -> 2 GB

Max. file size for Access 97 -> 1 GB, Access 2000&2002 -> 2 GB FOR EACH particular "mdb" and this has nothing to do with the size of outside tables (Access or something else) that your tables are linked to.
    Linked tables use minimum amount of space.

If you are using Access to store A LOT of stuff - knowing the size of any Access "mdb" is IMPORTANT!
    Did I say "important"?
    It is CRITICAL!
    When limit (1 or 2 GB) is exceeded - Access WILL crash without warning and "swelled" Access DB (mdb) might be beyond repair and therefore data from it could be kissed goodby!
    BACKUP!
    BACKUP!
    BACKUP!
    ...and watch out for the Access "mdb" size!

In one of my Access 2000 apps. I have 36 linked tables, each linked to additional Access "mdb" of over 1 GB of indexed data. "Locally" in the application I could have just under 2GB of data but with linked tables I have over 40 GB. Not the best way perhaps, but with Acccess alone - against large datasets - the only way.
    When querying - I am of course limiting the number of records that queries are returning, but this is common with anything that has to do with large files.

Smiley,

As per the warnings above, if you are asking about maximum table, or database, sizes with Access, you are already in trouble.

Choose a database backend which you will load to 10% of its capabilities. Do not choose a database backend which will you will be straining from day one.

Ken

Access 97 HELP HELP

I am using a program that accesses an ACCESS 97 .mdb file. the file has stopped growing at 210 mb. We and things to it every day and it does not get ANY bigger. I have read the max file size is 1-2 Gb. I am affraid I am losing past data or date will be corrupted. HELP! what do i do to make it get bigger or take mor data?

Boy, anything beyond 40, or 50 MB, I just don't do.

Beyond 40, or 50 MB, I go to SQL Server.

Those 1 GB and 2 GB numbers are theoretical, not practical.