Unanswered: SQL30081N---when connecting to database

Hai,

I have an instance inst1 and database mydb1 running on DB2/6000 5.1.0.

Entries for nstance in services file are :
    mydb1c 10000/tcp
    mydb1i 10001/tcp

I have updated DBM CFG parameter SVCENAME with "mydb1c" and DB2COMM registry variable is set to tcpip.

I have tried to catalog it from some other AIX server, I was able to catalog the instance and database successfully but when I tried to connect to the database it gave the following error:

SQL30081N A communication error has been detected. Communication protocol being used: "TCP/IP". Communication API being used: "SOCKETS". Location where the error was detected: "". Communication function detecting the error: "connect". Protocol specific error code(s): "79", "*", "*". SQLSTATE=08001

And one more thing here is from my windows work station, I am able to successfully catalog and work with the same database.

What is the solution ?? Any hellp ???

Re: SQL30081N---when connecting to database

Did you get an answer to this query as I have the same problem?

Originally posted by psudhakar
    Hai,

I have an instance inst1 and database mydb1 running on DB2/6000 5.1.0.

Entries for nstance in services file are :
    mydb1c 10000/tcp
    mydb1i 10001/tcp

I have updated DBM CFG parameter SVCENAME with "mydb1c" and DB2COMM registry variable is set to tcpip.

I have tried to catalog it from some other AIX server, I was able to catalog the instance and database successfully but when I tried to connect to the database it gave the following error:

SQL30081N A communication error has been detected. Communication protocol being used: "TCP/IP". Communication API being used: "SOCKETS". Location where the error was detected: "". Communication function detecting the error: "connect". Protocol specific error code(s): "79", "*", "*". SQLSTATE=08001

And one more thing here is from my windows work station, I am able to successfully catalog and work with the same database.

What is the solution ?? Any hellp ???

Hi chrisw,

Actually It was my mistake. I used a wrong IP Address.
    So please verify all the host names and ports properly.