Unanswered: MySQL installation inquiry...

I am certainly a novice at the whole notion of building my own dynamic content in web sites and applications. Iíve managed developers and been around the efforts for 6 years. Iím HTML proficient to the latest tricks, just weak on the application processing and database side...

My goal here is to get my local environment supporting vBulliten so I can tweak and integrate it into two web sites Iím working on. Ė So, Iíve successfully installed PHP and apache on my local machine. MySQL is also installed and I didnít follow the exact installation directions to install in c:\mysql\. Instead I installed in my d:\program files\mysql\ by habit for all applications. Iíve read a number of web site articles and documents on installation and starting MySQL. I canít get it started.

I access my services and click the ďStartĒ link or button when in the MySQL properties interface, and get the Service Control bar attempting to start the Service and then a pop-up dialog box saying, ďCould no start the MySQL service on Local Computer Error 1067: The process terminated unexpectedly.Ē The Path to executable is: D:/Program Files/mysql/bin/mysqld-nt.exe. The startup type is: Automatic

If I try it from a command line, I get: "Can't connect to MySQL server on 'localhost' <10061>"

In addition, Iím running XP on a intel machine.

Any assistance would be so very helpful!

Smile solution!

This suggestion from another forum:

cd mysql
    cd bin
    mysqld-nt --standalone
    cd mysql

All systems go.