Hey Guys,

I have this position with one of my clients in NYC for a Sr. UDB EE DBA. This is a contract to hire position (3-6 months contract). Enclosed are the details :

5+yrs as IBM UDB DBA on Unix platform - preferably SUN.
Candidate will be responsible for implementing, maintaining and tuning IBM UDB EE v 7.2 databases and schemas residing on Sun SunFire 6800 server. Candidate must be experienced with sizing and configuring large databases, tuning partitioned database structures for optimal performance and working with application developers to tune SQL applications. Candidate is expected to develop and maintain backup, recovery and archiving scripts. This position requires strong oral and written communication skills.
Specifically, the candidate must have experience in the following:

* IBM UDB EE (v7.2 - minimum 7.0)
* Solaris 7 or 8
* Unix scripting languages (Perl or shell)
* ERWin

Strong Pluses:
* Capital Markets instruments knowledge/experience
* Trading/risk management system implementation experience
* Object modeling (UML)

Please note that the Hiring Manager wants someone to start immediately. The interview process consists of two rounds. First a phone interview and upon selection an in person interview.

In case any of you are interested or if you know anyone who might be interested, please forward your responses to rinku@g-c-i.com

Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact the undersigned.

Thanks !!!

Rinku Gupta

Sr. Recruiter - Financial Services Division

Global Consultants Inc. (GCI)

Phone: 973-560-2686

Fax: 973-560-0554