Unanswered: How do you determine an index is unique from sysindexes?

I need to write a script which will respond differently if a table's index forces uniqueness.

I am using SQL 7.0 and I am using the [sysindexes] table of my database to examine those indexes. I am using the [id] field from the [sysobjects] table for the table I am examining and I am using that [id] field to find like-valued [id] fields in the [sysindexes] table.

My problem is that I can't seem to determine, from an examination of the [sysindexes] table, whether, or not, an index is unique.

When adding an index, and checking the unique property of that index, the values that I get in the [status] field of [sysindexes] are different from the values which are supposed to show, at least according to the sysindexes (T-SQL) entry in SQL Server Books Online.

For instance, I have a table which combines two text fields which comprise the only key on a table. The unique and clustered boxes are checked in the index setup screen. When I look in the [sysindexes] table, the value in the [status] field is 2113554, which is not a value I see in the books online page. According to my books online page, a unique index should have a value of 2 in the [status] field and a clustered index should have a value of 16 in the [status] field. My assumption is that I should see a value of 18 in that [status] field, not 2113554.

I looks like the books online entry might be out-of-date because the field that is labeled [reserved1] in my books online page, is labeled [StatVersion] in my actual [sysindexes] table. That [StatVersion] field looks suspiciously like a Status Version field, possibly indicating that the Status field has undergone some sort of version revision?

Is anyone familiar with this stuff?

Thanks.

Ken

Nevermind.

Just read the scripting from sp_help index. It's got all the answers I was looking for.

Thanks.

Ken