Question Unanswered: Corrupted database

I have an Access97 database. I add datas into it from a software wich run into 4 computers in the LAN. So, this computers make often LAN connections to the database to add data.

My problem is that, sometime, there's a bug that occurs into the database: When I try to open the database, I got a message that tell me that the file is not a database OR the database is corrupted. And the message ask me if I want to try to fix the error.

I don't know what are the situations or the operations that make appears the bug...

If you have an idea about the possibles reasons for the apparition of a bug like that, please tell me them.

(Sorry for my english, I speak french...)

Thank you...

Post I had the exact same problem.

I split my database into frontend/backend and the problems stopped completely. Plus it is wonderful being able to modify program without others complaining about testing bugs.

I am having the same problem that you have. I took the advice of a few members about splitting the database into back-end/front-end. I made the split this morning, will follow up with results.