Unanswered: How to recover Workgroup ID in MSAccess.

hi,

Please guide me, how to recover a earlier version information(mdw)
    like Name, Organization and Workgroup ID of Work group information
    file. I have work group information file, with me, but unable to get
    the information of above said things. Please help me in this regard.

Thanking you.
    pradeeep

You seem to have used Access security before. Can I ask you a question ? I created a workgroup information file and use security wizard to have users as well as groups. However, it seems that everytime I open any Access file, I have to logon using password. What I wanna have actually only a particular database secured, not all. And when I copy the file and workgroup info file to another computer, the logon does not appear at all. So, it seems that the logon only appears in my Access. I am thinking of distributing my database in the network.
    Do you know how to attach the workgroup info file to a particular database ? Thanks.

Hi Milan

search in u r computer for wrkgadmn.exe click it on it u find create and Join button so when u want to secure u r database click join and attach the workgroup file and if u want to opne other files then join system.mdw file present i ur system
    pradeeep

Hi svnpradeep,

Thanks for the reply. I manage to join it to my own .mdw or system.mdw. However, it still applies to any database I open in my Access (at least asking password etc) although when I join it, I only open the database I want to join. My final aim to attach a particular .mdb to a particular .mdw so when opening other .mdb, no security is applied and I can distribute it to other people. Do you know why ?

Thanks.

Hi svnpradeep,

NB: What I did was open the database I want to secure and then use wrkgadm and join my own .mdw and then open other databases and use wrkgadm again to join with system.mdw In the end, the system.mdw is the one that takes effect (it means the last one joined) to my particular database. So, basically it applies to all databases no matter which database I open when I join the .mdw