Unanswered: Is Hyperlink (Access 2000)

I am using 'Is Hyperlink' on text boxes in my Forms to show links to other areas of the database (i.e. cursor changes to a hand pointing). However, this only works when the text box contains a single field (i.e [Surname]). When two (or more) fields are combined into an expression (i.e. =[Forename]&" "&[Surname]) the hand does not appear and the cursor stays the same.

Any ideas?
    ACDickson

You can always combine two fields into one:

Select Forename &" " & Surname as FullName, Surname, Forename from tblNames Where State="MA";

It might help.

Still no solution to my problem. I've included a small database sample if anyone would like to have a go at solving it.
    I know I could merge the two fields together in the Query, which would leave just a 'single' field in the Form, but this would cause so many other problems...
    Attached Files Attached Files
    ACDickson

Thumbs up

I have managed to find a solution - of sorts...

I overlay another transparent text box over the top of the first. This second text box holds just a single field i.e. 'Surname'. The text is then reduced to 1pt, made white and generally made to disappear.

When hovering over the two text boxes the cursor changes to 'Link Select' because of the 'invisible' text box, but the field that is visible is the desired data in the original text box.

Very messy, but it has the desired result.

Now all I have to do is add 6 of these invisible fields in each of 140 different forms - ouch!
    ACDickson

Does anyone know if this problem exists in Access 2002?
    ACDickson

in this case create a subform and insert that subform in all the forms, since at a later stage if you find some solution, need to replace in one form only.

Thanks for the info, but it isn't that simple. The 'six' fields I referred to are different on each form, plus they are dotted around in different places on the form. In any case, I bit the bullet at the weekend and changed them all - only three hours! I'd gladly spend another three hours removing the 'invisble' fields if I could only find a solution to the original problem...
    ACDickson