Smile Unanswered: dumping across netrwork issue's

I wrote a stored procedure that runs a dump database transact sql. I am trying to dump the database to a dump device that points to a datafile mapped across the network to another server. I get this error when I try:

Server Message: Number 3216, Severity 10
    Backup Server session id is: 11. Use this value when executing the 'sp_volchanged' system stored procedure after fulfilling any volume change request from the Backup Server.
    Server Message: Number 404101, Severity 1
    Backup Server: Creating new disk file f:\sybdata\xbex_dump\xbex_dump.dat.
    Server Message: Number 414102, Severity 2
    Backup Server: [7] The 'CreateFile' call failed for device 'f:\sybdata\xbex_dump\xbex_dump.dat' with error number 5 (Access is denied). Refer to your operating system documentation for further details.
    Server Message: Number 8009, Severity 16
    Error encountered by Backup Server. Please refer to Backup Server messages for details.
    (return status = -6)

Both servers run adaptive server enterprise and are mapped to each other. I have tried dumping directly to a datafile....this only works if I dump it on the same server, but as soon as I try to dump it across my subnet to my other server (remember both servers are mapped) it blows up.

I am dumping to my F drive (which in actuality is mapped as the D drive on my other server) , What do I do. I thought it might be permision issues but now I doubt it since I can copy and move files to and from these same mapped directories...........

pls HELP

Lexington, KY
    Hm, I don't know why it would fail, but you said you have ASE running on the other box? I know you can use DUMP DATABASE ... AT someserver to dump to a remote backup server. I would suggest trying that; I'd think it would be faster / more reliable too.

I had to include the backup server info in the interfaces file (sql.ini)
    so that both servers could see each other and ofcourse I used the "at BACKUP_SERVER" workssss!! thanks.