Unanswered: sp_sqlagent_get_perf_counters?????

Hello,

I was running SQL Profiler and noticed a stored procedure called sp_sqlagent_get_perf_counters running every 20 seconds. Does anyone know what causes this? Are there performance ramifications? If so, how can this be disabled? Any help at all would be appreciated.

This stored procedure is being run by SQL Agent - Alert Engine according to the SQL Profiler trace. No parameters are being passed in to the sp.

Anybody have any clue what this is?

Just a guess.

It looks like it retrieves information from sysalerts which is a table in msdb. This table is used to indicate if an operator should be alerted if a particular event happens, job is successful, fails or completes. An operator can be informed by email, net send, pager.

So I guess the stored procedure just keeps loping to see if an operator needs to be informed of some event. I don't know if you can stop it?

Question Re: sp_sqlagent_get_perf_counters?????

Originally posted by Chuckt
    Hello,

I was running SQL Profiler and noticed a stored procedure called sp_sqlagent_get_perf_counters running every 20 seconds. Does anyone know what causes this? Are there performance ramifications? If so, how can this be disabled? Any help at all would be appreciated.
    what could happend if i erase the sp ?

Re: sp_sqlagent_get_perf_counters?????

Originally posted by Chuckt
    Hello,

hi there!

i don't know if your problem has been fixed or not. just the same, i want to give it a try... it seems that you're agent is trying to get information from the SQL Server Performance Counter. I don't know how to disable this 'agent' but I can teach you how to disable to performance counter itself. just type in the command prompt:
    unloadctr mssqlserver <enter>
    hope this helps.

boysie