Thread: Hack source.

Hack source.

Can you get rid of adverts that pop up windows and also those which try to display as the top window.

I also suspect that this site is being used for a trojan horse attack as my firewall detects it each time I am connected.

Re: Hack source.

Originally posted by nigelrivett
    Can you get rid of adverts that pop up windows and also those which try to display as the top window.
    Individual ads can not be blocked. They are simply served from an advertising network. Occasionally a rogue ad will appear, but it is usually suspended by the ad agency quite quickly. It is the adverts that pay for the site, so they will not be dissapearing anytime soon. It's either ads or a subscription.
    I also suspect that this site is being used for a trojan horse attack as my firewall detects it each time I am connected.
    Could you expand on this?

I'm also a little confused about your choice of title for this thread. What exactly do you mean?

>> Occasionally a rogue ad will appear, but it is usually suspended by the ad agency quite quickly.

I wouldn't mind if that was true.
    The worst one I complained about a couple of months ago (last time I visited the site due to9 this problem) and it's still there.
    I would suggest that if you that you change the advertising source - other sites don't have this problem.

I won't be visiting again so if you have any change in policy please feel free to email me.