Unanswered: List Applications

Hi,
    can any body tell me which system table does "DB2 LIST APPLICATIONS" query? In other words, which table should I query to check the status of live connections to the database?

thanks
    ravi

Hi,
    I suppose there is no such table which stores this info.
    The values of Applications connected are to be appended at the time when a new connection is made or it's disconnected.
    Therefore this data should not be stored in any table as such.
    Still if any one has some idea , please update us.
    -Prashant G Dahalkar
    Prashant

sorry if i interpreted wrong.

DB2 LIST APPLICATIONS is an command and not an data for which it has to be qurried.

i think its only runtime yu can get....the rdbms, cant store such data in any of its table, its even same with oracel.

though i belive this...feel free to correct me....

thanx
    vvk

in ORACLe there are dynamic view generated, for ex: To have the information on the users connected to a databse, you have "V$SESSION" view. You can query this view and get some usesful info of all the live connections to the database. i.e., this view gets refrehed everytime there is a new connection/disconnection happening on the DB.

Does anybody know what's the equivalent of oracle's "V$SESSION" in DB2? It will be great help if you could let me know..

thanks..
    Ravi

Unfortunately DB2 does not have such views ....

HTH

Cheers

Sathyaram

Originally posted by Ravi
    in ORACLe there are dynamic view generated, for ex: To have the information on the users connected to a databse, you have "V$SESSION" view. You can query this view and get some usesful info of all the live connections to the database. i.e., this view gets refrehed everytime there is a new connection/disconnection happening on the DB.

Does anybody know what's the equivalent of oracle's "V$SESSION" in DB2? It will be great help if you could let me know..

thanks..
    Ravi

To get the details, "LIST APPLICATIONS" command basically issues "db2GetSnapshot" api using the object type SQLMA_APPL_ALL. You can use the same api from your application to get all (and more) information that was returned by the LIST APPLICATION command. Refer to DB2 API Reference manual for more details on how to code "db2GetSnaphot" api.

Hope this helps
    Last edited by dbfocris; 04-30-02 at 13:05.