Thumbs down Unanswered: Listbox rowsource update on access 200x

I have a form with a listbox, which has no rowsource and no rowsourcetype on form open. I have also in the same form a textfield and a button. When I click on button, I get textfield.value and use it in a SQL SELECT as listbox.rowsource. I also assign table/query to rowsourcetype.

NOW: PROBLEM: On Access 2002, as I click on the button, the listbox gets the new values fron the query. On Access 2000 this doesn't work, as the listbox is updated but still whith no values. I also tried whith a listbox.requery, whith no results.

What can I do? THANKS

SOLVED

OK JUST SOLVED.
    I assigned the value "Tabella/Query" instead of "Table/Query" because my version of access 2002 is in Italian, while the other is English.

THANKS TO ALL. SEE YOU NEXT TIME

I've seen this in a number of different threads, and I am not sure why people do this.

What I am refering to is the assignment of a RowSourceType in code.

Why?

In other words, set your RowSourceType in the properties window, as "Table/Query" and leave it. Just because you are assigning the RowSource SQL string dynamically doesn't mean you have to assign the RowSourceType dynamically.

In fact, doesn't Access automatically default the RowSourceType to "Table/Query" in every single version of Access?

Lilo, I don't mean to point this out too harshly, but I think it is a great educational opportunity for all of us Access users. I am, personally, a strict minimalist, when it comes to programming. In other words, if you don't have to screw with something, don't. And what makes Access great is that it provides you with the tools, and default settings, which are, for 90% of applications, right on.

Glad you were able to resolve this on your own.

Good luck.