I'm new to informix, I seted up INFORMIX-Oline Dynamic Server version 7.23 on NT.
I started it manuelly, and when I try to connect to the server I receve this error:
[Informix][SQLinformix]SQL Error(-908): Attempt to connect to the databse server(servername) Fallaid...:
However please check your
host file, to see if you have an entry for your Informix server. It should use tcp as a protocol.
Also check your sqlhosts file you see if you have an entry for your informix server and that you connection protocol is set to something like onsoctcp or onshmtcp.
hosts file of Windows NT is in /winnt/system32/drivers/etc/hosts
sqlhosts file of Windows NT is located in the registry but you can modify it through Informix's Application called "setnet32"
Error 908 is the symtom that you cannot connect to your database server, there are many causes of this error, for examples.
1. Database server is down or shutdown.
2. Network connection between server and client is not available.
3. Wrong informix client configuration on client side.
Could you test something that will help you identify your cause of problem.
1. On command line utility, use command "onstat -" to make sure that
your database server is still online.
2. Try to connect to your database server through dbaccess (dbaccess is a simple database application on every informix server, you can use this application by using an informix command line utility, then type "dbaccess" and press enter, there is menu named "connect" in this program, try to use this command to connect to your database server.
If you cannot connect to your database server by showing error 908,
I think it may have a wrong configuration on your database server itself.
If you want me to diagnose your error please send me your configuration, onconfig file, hosts file, and detail of sqlhosts file on this webboard. I will help you solve this problem.