Thread: Current Event

Unanswered: Current Event

I have a form where there are some textbox controls disabled in some records. So, I use Current event to control enable/disable. However, when I want to print my forms, the disable/enable rule follows the first record configuration, so does not change as move through the record. Does anyone know how to get around this problem ?

Try creating a report. You can use the built in wizard to do so.

Try using the On Format event in a Report to enable/disable the controls for each record in the same way your using the On Current event in the form.

What I wanna print is the form itself, not report. Can we actually achieve this with form ? Thanks.

No, the current event is not fired when printing.

But you can easily convert a form into a report while preserving the look. Open the form in design view and select save as. Select report from the combo box. You can now use the on format event to do your desired task on the report.

Thanks for the reply. I converted it, but it seems my control does not have Enabled property anymore. The On Fomart event I use is the one in Detail.

Apel,

I checked the textbox property, there is no Enabled property anymore when converted to report, which is the one I need. My aim is print records, some records might have disabled textbox depending on the value. Do you know how I can do this ?

I already solved it, since enabled is not available in the report, i just change the back color of the textbox to gray.

you can use the visible property of text box controls on a report to turn them on an off. Don't worry that autosense doesn't pick up this property, it is still valid.