Question Unanswered: How to apply archive logs to the Db?

Hi Everyone,
    This is again, regarding restore.
    My Prod database is in archive log mode. I took a offline backup of it 3 days back, and
    restored it on my test machine. Now since last 3 days there have been lot of data inserts on the
    Prod database and archive log files generated. I want to apply these archive log files to test database.
    I tried giving "Rollforwad DB Dbname", but since the backup was offline, it says, not in rollforward pending state.

Any other command?
    Pls suggest.

Thanks and Reg.
    Gurudatt

Use the previous backup image to restore to the database again. and then apply the archived logs to end of logs.

Regards
    Sumeet

Thanks! I've managed to solve it. i've restored the bkup...
    Guru.

Re: How to apply archive logs to the Db?

It is suprising that the RESTORE did not leave the database in ROLLFORWARD pending state. Did you use 'WITHOUT ROLLING FORWARD' ?

Cheers

Sathyaram

Originally posted by gdb2
    Hi Everyone,
    This is again, regarding restore.
    My Prod database is in archive log mode. I took a offline backup of it 3 days back, and
    restored it on my test machine. Now since last 3 days there have been lot of data inserts on the
    Prod database and archive log files generated. I want to apply these archive log files to test database.
    I tried giving "Rollforwad DB Dbname", but since the backup was offline, it says, not in rollforward pending state.

Any other command?
    Pls suggest.

Thanks and Reg.
    Gurudatt