Unanswered: Loop collecting emails from all contacts displayed thru filtered form

I need a button in my CONTACT form that sends an email to all contacts displayed by the form - In filtered mode or none filtered mode. Itīs a marketing database containing a zillion of sortables. Therefore I need the user to make the filtering themselves in a form. For instance it has checkboxes of 40+ products when they want to email customers with a certain product interest. So writing a query for every option is out of the question. Especially since they might want to select all contacts, working at companies w/ turnover over $ 1 million, interested in FORD, having birthday in June and what not...

I can get it to send to the currently displayed record, no problem. Simple SendObject (EmailField is called [PersonalEmail]) like this:

DoCmd.SendObject , "", "", [PersonalEmail], "", "", "", "", True, ""

I therefore think I just need a loop that goes thru record 1 to end of the form, collecting the email-fields of every record in a string.

Something like this:
    SendString = SendString & !PersonalEmail & ";"

Problem is - I do not know the loop syntax to move in a form, 1 to END of Form.

Today I can get it to work in a recordset like this:

Do Until .EOF

.MoveNext
    Loop

But I need the loop to go thru a form. So I have tried:

Do Until .EndOfForm

Didnīt work of course, a mere guess. But that is what I need, I figure!? How to do until end of form and also the syntax for equivalent to ".MoveNext record in Form"

If I use a loop in a recordset based on a table or query, something I do know how, it will email ALL my contacts, ignoring the filtering made manually in the Form.

But can I get my recordset to identify the filtering made in the form I opened the function from?

Or maybe I could use the recordset method just adding some Where statement to the recordset. Something like this:

rstTblCONTACTS.Open "SELECT * FROM TblCONTACTS WHERE [contactID] = !Forms![CONTACTS]![contactID]"

But I donīt get that to work.

The easiest would of course be to use the Query access makes when a user filters a form. Simply set that query as recordset. But how do I find it? What is this Query called?

Or maybe as suggested below cloning the records the form is showing into a new recordset then using that. But I donīt know how to do that either... Probably also need the same Formloop that I donīt know the syntax for.

I know the logics but am a complete rookie at the VB syntax. Very frustrating. Knowing what to say but not how.

-----------------------------------------
    Here is the Function I call to mail ALL contacts(But wish to alter so it just sends to contacts in a Form):

Option Compare Database
    Public SendString As String

Function mailall()

Dim rstTblCONTACTS As New ADODB.Recordset

'Open the Recordset to Customers
    rstTblCONTACTS.ActiveConnection = Application.CurrentProject.Connection
    rstTblCONTACTS.CursorType = adOpenKeyset
    rstTblCONTACTS.Open "TblCONTACTS"

SendString = ""

If MsgBox("Send Email" & Chr(13) & _
    "to all Contacts using Microsoft Outlook?", 4) = 6 Then

With rstTblCONTACTS

Do Until .EOF
    ' Create the Invoice report Filter used by the Report_Open
    ' event.

.MoveNext
    Loop

SendString = Left$(SendString, Len(SendString) - 2)

DoCmd.SendObject , "", "", [SendString], "", "", "", "", True, ""

End With
    End If

rstTblCONTACTS.Close

End Function
    Last edited by Johnny Dove; 04-13-02 at 03:03.

Hi Johnny

After the user finishes filtering try "cloning" the recordset then email based on that list.

Originally posted by access_dude
    Hi Johnny

After the user finishes filtering try "cloning" the recordset then email based on that list.
    So I take the records displayed by a filtered form and "clone" them into a new recordset!? What do I export them to? A query? And how can I do that? Do I need a loop for this to?

Thanks for your help!

Best Regards

Johnny Da Dove