Unanswered: Mobile device synch to MS Access DB

i have 3 months to figure out a way to get 15 or more mobile devices (we have palm IIIx's, but will upgrade to different device if we must) to sychnoize with the corporate databases be.the call would need to be initiated every night from the palm or mobile field device, and synchronize the devices date with the database depending on what palm pilot was synching. not all devices would need all records. each device would only need to store the sites that the user was responisble for, all the requesters, and all invoices that are not yet processed or invoices that have not been uploaded to the server.

i am almost finished with the corporate software, and i need to start looking into a place to start with the field version. does anyone know of some database synchronization software available to synch mobile devises with a central DB?

any help or comments would be greatly appreciated!
    Unique like everyone else,
    Clark
    -------------------------------------------
    POSTING IS THE TERRIBLE SECRET OF SPACE!

Are you trying to say, like a warehouse mobile barcode scanner and information storable!?

record creation, editing, and updating

the people in the field will need to be able to create and edit requests in the field. i believe i have sent you, miguel, a copy of my DB. they would have requests that are relevant to them, on their device, so thy can edit them. they would also be mainly responsible for adding the new requests. at the end of the day, the software on the field version would need to update the corporates servers DB, and then delete requests on the device that are no longer needed or relevant. if a new site or requester is added to the DB, then the field device would download that information to its records. some people in the field live to far away to come to the office each day and synch the records, so synching by modem is the simplest answer.

since i have never programmed palm pilots before, i might look into using old trs-80 model 102's as the filed devices and store the data from the tables in files by comma delimited data. the device have built in modems and are easily programed in basic.

i'm just looking for a place to start.
    Clark

Clark,

Normaly, that kind of equipment, stores the data in txt files and have a little program to do that, example:
    When putting the device in the battery charger, the information is automaticly downloaded to a txt file.

What you need to do is by code import the data of the txt file to your database. this can be done for example, by clicking a button or in the OnTimer event to check for new adds.

Relating to the database you have sent, what are concerning you, is the main panel that doesn't work!? Because i can't understand in your message what realy is missing. Could you be more specific, note that i'm Portuguese and my English it's a little rust.

Post thanks miguel

you have addressed all my issues. that was the way i thought would be easiest. i'm not starting the field project till later in the month, but i want to be a little ready so i'll know what to start working on first.
    Clark

Hi,

Did you look into Replication feature, provided by MS Access?

Igor

i did look at the replication feature. i would like to use that, the problem is that the devices that would be needed to replicte it. i'd need a laptop or hand help computer running MS Access compliant software. 13 laptops might be just a bit out of the budget, not including the program costs.
    Clark