Unanswered: IBM JDBC Driver CLI0622E Error

Hi:
    I have recently installed DB2 personal Edition into my laptop which is currently using Win ME. The problem is..DB2 was susscessfully installed but I can't run either the command center or the control center at all. After many attempts reinstalling, I still have this error which is:

"[IBM][JDBC Driver] CLI0622E Error accessing JDBC administration service extensions."

can you help me overcome this problem?

What did you do to overcome this problem please?

Talking Solution

Q:How can I fix the CLI0622E error I am getting when trying to bring up the control center?

A: This error occurs when sqllib/bin is not part of your path statement. Update your path statement to contain sqllib/bin, and retry loading the control center.

This happened to me as well. It appers that my path variable was too long when I installed DB2. The max length is 256 chars. I removed old entires and converted the paths to 8.3 format.

c:\PROGRA~1\Files\MyApp

Hope this helps

Or you could add the DB2 directories to the front of the path. I don't know how this impacts other apps tho.
    Also, the 256 char limitation could be that Db2 just looks at the first 256 chars, my path was 470 chars long, there was no way for me to reduce it to 256 by using the tilde notation.

I am having the same problem with errors launching the GUI tools. I have installed 8.1 on windows 2k adv server clustering system. I am in contact with ibm's tech support level 3 but have not had any luck yet.

My path is as follows c:\sqllib\*** I don't thing the character length is my problem. Could anyone tell me once and for all how to solve this problem ??

thanks everyone

Quote Originally Posted by ronnier38930
    I am having the same problem with errors launching the GUI tools. I have installed 8.1 on windows 2k adv server clustering system. I am in contact with ibm's tech support level 3 but have not had any luck yet.

My path is as follows c:\sqllib\*** I don't thing the character length is my problem. Could anyone tell me once and for all how to solve this problem ??

thanks everyone
    I think so ,too. I encountered the same error when installing DB2 8.1 server edition after unistall the DB2 7.2 personal edition this morning.
    I checked the path statement and find the SQLLIB/BIN is already there. Just as I was about to give up, I find that the SQLLIB/BIN 's path is a little diffrent with it's actual installing path , for excample,the actual path"~/PROGRAM FILES/XXX/SQLLIB/BIN" and it appears to be"~/PROGRAM FILES/SQLLIB/BIN" in the path statement.
    for some reason the installer didn't overwrite the former path statement, but the program return normal after I correct the path statemant.
    I hope this would be help

Talking

Windows - Go to Control Panel - System - Advanced tab- environment variables - Select path from the system variables section - select edit an d enter the path c:\Program Files\IBM\SQLLIB\BIN or as applicable

Windows - Go to Control Panel - System - Advanced tab- environment variables - Select path from the system variables section - select edit an d enter the path c:\Program Files\IBM\SQLLIB\BIN or as applicable