Unanswered: Trouble with format of filename when exporting data as a text file

I need to programatically create a filename in a specified format when exporting data to a text file. Right now I am using TransferText to export data to a text file when a form is closed.

Instead of just specifying the filename of where to export the data, is there any way to automatically have the filename be formatted a certain way? For example, always starting with a "T" and then the day of the month followed by the time (in military format). Example of filename if data exported on 4/22/02 at 4:28 pm:
    "T22042802.txt".
    Please anyone - any suggestions for me?

Althea,

You certainly have this statment:

DoCmd.TransferText acExportDelim, "export specification name", "Table name", "Write path, for example c:\my documents\T.txt", False, ""

Now if you do:

Dim StringDate as String, NameFile as String
    Dim Path as String
    Dim i as integer
    Dim n as integer

StringDate = Me!Field_date
    n = Len(StringDate)
    For i = 1 To n
    If Mid(StringDate, i, 1) <> "-" Then
    NameFile = NameFile & Mid(s, i, 1)
    End If
    Next i

Path = "C:\My Documents\" & NameFile & ".txt"

Now you replace the file name in the Write path of the statment, with the string variable Path, like this:

DoCmd.TransferText acExportDelim, "export specification name", "Table name", Path, False, ""

For having the time in that format it's only add more variables and do another cicle, or instead of having a date only field, have a field that the format date is: Day/Month/Year Hours:Minutes,Seconds, or no field and use the function Date, because function Date has that format.

Hope to be helpfull!!
    Last edited by Miguel; 04-21-02 at 23:48.