Unanswered: DB2 Database Problem

My Problem Is

Db2 in Windows NT Environment

I have one staging database , I want to move that data to production Server. I did restore in production database , but it is giving problem , then i copy the db2 folder of staging server to production server.

But when i am acessing the tables in the production server. It gives this error.

SQL 0293N Error acessing a table space container. SQLSTATE = 57048.

Please treat as urgent.

thanks,
    sudhanshu
    Atlanta

Re: DB2 Database Problem

IBM doesn't support the method you followed. Use only the 'BACKUP' and 'RESTORE' database commands.

If you are copying the image from one server to other copy the full directory structure . For example,

If you issue, backup database sample to C:\backup , then in the backup directory, you will find a folder SAMPLE.0 . Copy SAMPLE to a directory in the target server, say D:\restore .

On the target server say ,

RESTORE database sample from D:\restore

This should work without trouble.

Note that you might need more options like TAKEN AT etc for the restore to work correctly and efficiently.

Hope this helps ....

Cheers

Sathyaram

Originally posted by sudhanshuss
    My Problem Is

Db2 in Windows NT Environment

I have one staging database , I want to move that data to production Server. I did restore in production database , but it is giving problem , then i copy the db2 folder of staging server to production server.

But when i am acessing the tables in the production server. It gives this error.

SQL 0293N Error acessing a table space container. SQLSTATE = 57048.

Please treat as urgent.

thanks,
    sudhanshu
    Atlanta