Unanswered: displaying a fixed number of digits for a number, incl. leading 00's

I am working on a table, and one of the fields is "Last4" the last 4 digits of a user's social security number.

I chose to declare the field as an integer vs a string because an int is smaller memory wise...

however, say a users "last 4" are 0038. When I type that in and then display it back out on a form, it comes back out as 38. This makes sense, but there has got to be a way somewhere to specify to display 4 digits....where do I do that?

TIA

sure, hit the docs on formatting numbers

your format would be 0000
    Last edited by Apel; 04-29-02 at 07:53.

that's what I was trying to do....but it wasn't working....but I realized my problem....I have to set the formatting on EACH form where that field occurs...I was trying to set the formatting on the table, so that it would push to all of my forms..

got it now...thanks....

well, if you set the formatting in a table the format will automatically be used when you create the control by dragging it from the field list. if you already have the forms created then there's no other way than modifying all the forms.