Hi all,
I want to be upfront and state that I am a hiring professional working on a search for a client of mine. I have never used this type of forum to conduct research for qualified candidates so I apologize in advance is this is not proper ettiquette for this forum.

Description & Responsibilities

Our client is seeking an experienced Data Architect to join their team in the NJ/NY area. This position is responsible for providing guidance and leadership in database design and implementation of the enterprise data architecture, while managing a team of DBAs and database developers. The Data Architect will work closely with internal clients, peers and direct reports to design and develop the enterprise-wide data architecture strategies and methodologies. This person must also be capable of leading the requirements gathering process and possess the ability to express requirements in technical and business terms.

Requirements

Solid knowledge of database architecture and administration in the Financial Services industry
Wealth Management experience strongly desired
Experience handling all aspects of database deployment including capacity planning, backup & recovery strategy, disaster recovery strategy, high availability strategy, and performance tuning
Highly competent at structured data analysis methods (data modeling)
Knowledge to transform logical data models into relational database structures that perform efficiently in production environment
Expert in logical design principles, well versed in data sharing concepts, enterprise modeling, and entity-relationship design utilizing CASE tools
Experience developing standards and best practices for the enterprise
Data integration analysis skills are a must
Strong data analysis and architectural skills are required
Prior database administration experience
Experience in client/server and web technologies
Experience with requirements definition for enterprise-wide systems
Excellent knowledge of software development cycle
A track record of successful problem solving
Experience managing a group of 6 or more individuals
Excellent communication skills with ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical audiences
Excellent analytical skills
A degree preferably with a technical BA, BS, MS, or Ph.D in Computer Science

Location - Woodbridge, NJ

Qualified/interested candidates can contact me directly at kfrazi@yahoo.com