Question Unanswered: DB2 Replication, is there another way?

We have a very large database, 20-30GB, that we need to replicate in several locations. We need to be able to alter the data for testing and have the ability to refresh it once a week from the actual production data. We had been using backup and restore but the data has grown beyond that. We then kept bringing the logs down every week and restoring from a backup and rolling forward to the end of logs. That is becoming very time consuming so we looked into replication which seems fairly challenging to set up for what we need (unless we can specify something other than table by table... we have several hundred tables) Are there any alternate ways to "copy" DB2 databases from one location to another in a manageable way. We tried db2copy but we are limited by the number of BLOB's which ruled that out. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks.

Craig

Please refer to data movement utility guide from IBM.
    Also, did you try investigating "db2move" tool ?
    For replication, you don't need to set up for every table.
    I believe not all of your "100s" of tables are changing evertime,
    only a few of them may change from time to time so you don't need to setup replication every time for all of them.
    If you are copying for testing purpose only, then you may set up your replication one time with huge effort and then leave it as is. Replication refresh duration can be set to few days so that the production database need not be overloaded.

If you provide specifics, I might have some more ideas ....

Thumbs up

Yes, there is another way.
    You may choose hardware disk replication as option.
    For example EMC or HDS disk controlers allows you to define set of disks to be replicated to remote site, i.e to another EMC or HDS storage array located miles away.

You may contact your disk vendor representative for the details.

javascript:smilie(%27%3Ao%27)

Regards,
    L.

Thanks guys for your comments!!! I am looking into both suggestions. We are on an EMC and disk replication sounds very interesting. I am also re-evaluating the table replication. Any more comments are welcome mand thanks again!