Unanswered: urgent...basic DB2 queries

Hi Guys,

I have few basic queries on DB2 (using ver DB2 UDB7.2)

I have to create 15-20 tables in DB2 with indexes,PrimaryKey and other constraints.
    I am using DB2 for Win NT Administrative Client, therefore i have access to Control Center,command center and commandline processor.

Queries:
    ----------
    1) i have sql script for Table Creation and i want to know where to execute the script?
    If i try to run it in command center interactively it gives sql error?

2) How to execute the sqlscript from Unix, i.e how to run the shell script which will execute the sql script?

3) Need an example of a sql stored procedure which does not use any application development environment like c, java or fortran.

4) Can u recommend some good website for DB2(unix) for beginners ...(version UDB 7.2)

please help. It's quite urgent.

Thanks,
    Jack.

Re: urgent...basic DB2 queries

Assuming you are using Unix :

1) Create a file with the 'CREATE TABLE' Statements

Ex : filename : create_table.sql

CREATE TABLE SAMPLE1(PARTNO INT,PARTDESC CHAR(50)) ;

CREATE TABLE SAMPLE2(PARTNO INT,SUPPLIER CHAR(25)) ;

2) Logon or 'su' to instance owner eg. db2inst1 and 'cd' to the directory where you have stored the script .

$ db2 -tvf create_table.sql

Here the parameter 't' refers that the default statement delimiter( has been used, 'v' represents verbose mode output and 'f' tells the command that the string following is the name of a file containing SQL Statements.

You can use any other user to create the tables, but since you seem to be a beginner, I suggest you to use the instance owner to play with .

There are six tutorials covering the topics for 'DB2 fundamentals' certification exam which can be downloaded at no-cost from

http://www-105.ibm.com/developerwork...View&Count=500

HTH

Cheers

Sathyaram

Originally posted by jack_gent
    Hi Guys,

I have few basic queries on DB2 (using ver DB2 UDB7.2)

I have to create 15-20 tables in DB2 with indexes,PrimaryKey and other constraints.
    I am using DB2 for Win NT Administrative Client, therefore i have access to Control Center,command center and commandline processor.

Queries:
    ----------
    1) i have sql script for Table Creation and i want to know where to execute the script?
    If i try to run it in command center interactively it gives sql error?

2) How to execute the sqlscript from Unix, i.e how to run the shell script which will execute the sql script?

3) Need an example of a sql stored procedure which does not use any application development environment like c, java or fortran.

4) Can u recommend some good website for DB2(unix) for beginners ...(version UDB 7.2)

please help. It's quite urgent.

Thanks,
    Jack.