Question Unanswered: Access97 with Windows95 compatibility

I developed an Access 97 database in Windows 2000, but am having problems getting it to work on a Windows 95 machine..

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling Office 97 (in Windows 95), and updated Office 97 to the latest version SR2b. I also tried updating the Microsoft Jet Engine to version 4.71.1015.0 (using Jet40SP5_9xNT.exe), but to no avail.

Does anyone have any explanations ?
    Are there any general known issues i may be unaware of ?

Thanks in advance

LUKE

Hi,

I had Windows 95B and it worked with MS Access 97 SR2 without any problems.
    What about missing references?

Igor

hi there,

i'm just moving across a single MDB file, so i'm not sure what you mean by missing references.

I would understand it if i was talking about two different versions of Access, but since it isn't i can't see how it could be my code. Unless of course there are things i don't know about with Windows versions.

at first the database didn't even load, but once i'd removed all the code, it loaded fine every time. I copied the code back into it from a copy of the original database and recompiled it in Access under Win95, and it still now loads fine. However it crashes every time i try to access one particular form, which is based off a query (based directly off a single table) with a criteria for one field.. the criteria being: >=Date()

LUKE

Hi,

Open code window then go Tools | References. Now check for any references with word "Missing".

Igor