Thread: Access Run Time

Unanswered: Access Run Time

I have a mdb that I want to convert to Access run time. How do I do that ? Do I have to use 'Package and Deployment wizard' (PDW) ? It seems PDW does not come with Access, but I have to get Microsoft Office Developer CD ?

Thanks

tools->database utilities->make mde file...

MDE file is not Access run-time, it still needs Access to run, while Access run-time does not require Access to run. MDE is just a safe way to protect forms' design etc I think.

Its on your office cd then.

Press ALT+F11 to switch to the Visual Basic Editor.

On the Add-Ins menu, if the Package and Deployment Wizard is not listed, click Add-In Manager .

In the Available Add-Ins list, click VBA Package and Deployment Wizard.

Under Load Behavior , click Loaded/Unloaded , and then click OK .

On the Add-Ins menu, click Package and Deployment Wizard .

In the Package and Deployment Wizard dialog box, click Package .

Click Next and accept the defaults until you get to the Package and Deployment Wizard - Included Files screen.

Click Add .

Insert the first Office 2000 compact disc into the CD-ROM drive.

In the Look In box of the Add File dialog box, locate the Office 2000 compact disc.

Locate the \IE5\En folder and open it.

In the Files of Type box, click All Files (*.*) .

Click the first file in the list, hold down the SHIFT key, and then click the last file. Note that a string of the files appears in the File Name box.

Click Open . Note that the file list is immediately displayed again and that none of the files you chose is added.

If you then click Add again and select the first seven or so files from the \IE5\En folder, they are added when you click Open .

In my VBA Add-In Manager, it's empty. Where can I get Package and Deploy Wizard ?

In MSDN website, it says, Packaging and Deployment Wizard comes with MS Office 2000 Developer CD, I only have MS Office 2000 CD.

You'll need to buy the copy.