Unanswered: Converting to SQL, pain in the ass?

Bought the Access 2002 Enterprise edition. Scares the shit out of me. Its 900 hardcore pages looong.

Migrating to SQL sounds so simple when you read about in any of Microsofts texts. ADP file etc...But how hard is it really on a scale 1 - 10 ?

Who should I beleive? The people who like to sell thick vooks or the people who want to promote database applications?

Jo´

Just wondering what all you are talking about,?????

Can give more detail about the scsreeeeeeeeeeeee thingy.

Thanks

Ok, sorry for being so unspecific. But I was actually talking in genaral terms. I have rather an extensive database in access 2000 format. Not to much code, pretty basic, but extensive. Many forms. For stability and security etc I wanna move the datastore from Jet SQl to Microsoft SQL 2000. Using ADP/SQL instead of mdb. Havent played with it before. Wanna know if migrating "in general" is a piece of cake or a pain in the ass. Do I simply change table links and a few details or are we talking pages of code, converting etc. Just to know what to expect before get in to it... And if I tell my boss 5 months, 10 conultants or just me myself and I and 5 days...

Jo´

Originally posted by edmun3
    Just wondering what all you are talking about,?????

Can give more detail about the scsreeeeeeeeeeeee thingy.

Thanks