Red face Unanswered: Access 2000 security

Before I start implementing security ( I am really new to this) on our Terminal server/Lan and Wan/ Access 2000/ ODBC datasources environment, can anyone tell me what I should really know? What are the issues, pros and cons, etc?

Any help greately appreciated!!!

Sorry I posted this so many times, had no idea that it would be here!!!

Access workgroup based security seems weak, and trouble to admin on a LAN; I'm in the middle of working on this myself; best thing I've found so far is ability to turn off the table/query/report window with :
    DoCmd.SelectObject acTable, , True
    DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdWindowHide

and turn off "Allow full menus" in the Access startup

Thanks for your reply!

I used the feture of hiding the database, but without using code. It does the same thing, and I also removed toolbars.

I am not looking to implement a tight security, our main problem is that running the updates on tables using ODBC (by multiple users) causes the USQL service to stop. My idea was to give Access 'users', so I could set up database to allow a single user at the time. This may sound really backward, but the ODBC errors are worse on our production, and we don't seem to find any better way...

Try to open the database exclusively for each user by opening the database from the command line.

ie use /excl at the end of the command line to open the database.
    The better part will be to open using an execuatble commandline script and in case the user is unable ot open the database in the exclusive mode. Stop him from opening the database.

Thanks, but couldn't you do the same by going to Tools>Options>Advanced>Default Open Mode and checking the "Exlusive"? Is there a problem with ODBC data sources- which have to be shared?