Question Unanswered: Finding a call to a subprocedure

I have just taken over the administration of an Access DB and I am trying to figure out exactly how a call is being made for a sub procedure. When I step through the code, it opens a query and then it goes to the sub in question. The sub is in a module named startup. I've done a search for the name of the sub and the argument it receives but I don't find any other reference to them outside of the module. I've looked at the query and its underlying queries but I don't see anything there either. I've also looked for hidden objects. Any thoughts on how to find this call would be greatly appreciated.

Hi may be that code is called from via some other procedure and that procedure is called in at least one query.

First search for the existance of procedure in the code for database and then search for the call in the queries.

I've done a search (through Edit/Find/Project) and cannot find any other reference to the sub. Is there another way to search through the code? How can you call a sub from a query?

Would it be worth looking at the query in SQL view to see if there is a call in there?

I already did that and it's not there either. Any other thoughts?

The only thing that comes to mind is if there's a macro named autoexec that's running when the db loads...Maybe the calls there, or perhaps the module startup is another "keyword".

Not really sure on that one.

Is there a problem with this call? Is the database file corrupt? Is the call going to a hidden module?

Hey Jules,

Just a thought,

If you create a seperate database with just modules in it and then save it as an MDE file you can place that newly created file somewhere like your system foler (ex: c:\windows\system). Then from your main database you can reference that MDE file and use its code.

Perhaps the person who originally wrote the database did just that and the downfall to this procedure is that you cannot modify or read that code. If this is the case and you can obtain the original file (mdb) then you can modify it and then replace the other. Otherwise you may want to re-write it. Although I use this procedure and it can protect your code from others copying it, you may be out of luck.

Sorry, and I hope this helps you

Kal