Unanswered: recovery of database from rollforward statement

i need help to recover the database from rollfoward method after successful restoration of database from online backup.

Aamchi Mumbai !
    run following command :

db2 rollforward database <db-alias> to end of logs and stop.

For additional info on this - pls refer to db2-udb command reference.

-moom-bhai

online backup and restore

Sir,

my problem is that first time rollforward of database with end of logs gets successful after restoration of database , but when i go for second time (i.e, i again update something and take backup of db and drop respective db) after successful restoration of db i get problem of SQL4970N, something like "rollforward cannot reach end-of-logs because log files are missing. this i tried no. of times , i got the same error which i have mentioned earliar.

thanks
    gmuddebihal

Hi gmuddebihal,

Dropping a database will remove all its logs also, unless you have manually moved them or have used userexit to archive them.

So on the second occasion if you have taken an online backup and then dropped the original db without archiving the logs then I feel that you are in trouble, coz I have not heard rollforward of an online backup without logs.

Incase you took offline backup and do not have the log files then you can bring the db out of rollforward pending state by using:

rollforward db <dbname> stop

Regards,
    Sumeet