Unanswered: SQL2000 Cluster on Win 2000 AS w/MS02-020 patch

I've got a SQL2000 Cluster running on Windows 2000 AS. I recently applied the MS02-020 patch on the passive SQL server, which I will call A and I transferred all the services over to Server A- which is now active. Meanwhile, I can not start the MSSQLSERVER service on server B (the original Active server). When I try to start the service, I get a MMC warning that says the following:

Could not start the MSSQL service on Local Computer. THe service did not return an error. This could be an internal Windows error or an internal service error. If the problem persists, contact your system administrator.

Anyone seen this before?

What messages are in your event viewer ?

None in the Event Viewer under application log. However security log indicates Failure Audit even so the security set correctly.
    Last edited by elel; 05-06-02 at 19:13.

Post Re: SQL2000 Cluster on Win 2000 AS w/MS02-020 patch

Hi,
    How did you resolve the problem below?

Originally posted by elel
    I've got a SQL2000 Cluster running on Windows 2000 AS. I recently applied the MS02-020 patch on the passive SQL server, which I will call A and I transferred all the services over to Server A- which is now active. Meanwhile, I can not start the MSSQLSERVER service on server B (the original Active server). When I try to start the service, I get a MMC warning that says the following:

Could not start the MSSQL service on Local Computer. THe service did not return an error. This could be an internal Windows error or an internal service error. If the problem persists, contact your system administrator.

Anyone seen this before?

Re: SQL2000 Cluster on Win 2000 AS w/MS02-020 patch

Hi.. I am facing the same problem now..? How did u solve this issue ??

-selva

Originally posted by elel

Anyone seen this before?