Thread: Form question

Unanswered: Form question

Not sure how to formulate this question so I'll give background on what I'm doing first.

Sample columns from my table:
    EmpID, Name, SSN, HomeDept, JobCode, JobCode Earnings, TotalEarnings

Records contain duplicate EmpID's with different JobCode's along with JobCode information depending on what JobCode the employee clocks in under.

The main form includes all of the relevant employee information (EmpID, Name, SSN, HomeDept, Period Ending,...). The subform contains all the JobCode entries for that employee.

The problem I'm having is if there are 3 records for a specific employee, then the main form displays each of those records with the subform displaying all of its information for each record in the main form. It's basically duplicating data.

How can I make the main form display only one record for an employee instead of each record?

I hope I made sense.

Many thanks in advance.
    "Doing stuff is overrated. Take Hitler for example. He did lots but don't we all wish he'd have just stayed home and gotten stoned?"

Oh, also. All the data that I'm working with comes from a .csv that's exported from another system. Is there a way to do what I'm trying to do without having to break this .csv down into two tables, one for straight employee data and one for JobCode data?
    "Doing stuff is overrated. Take Hitler for example. He did lots but don't we all wish he'd have just stayed home and gotten stoned?"

nm. I just broke it down into two different tables.