Unanswered: Remote access with Query Analizer - newbie

We have a SQL Server 2K installed on a remote machine and we can't access it using our local Query Analizer. To access the databases there, we have to use Remote Desktop Connection and use the remote EM and QA, and that's not always working because Remote Desktop Connection fails several times. We want to use our LOCAL QA to access the remote databases.

When we try to connect, QA gives us the following error message:

Unable to connect to server XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX:

Server: Msg 17, Level 16, State 1
    [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Driver][DBNETLIB]SQL Server does not exist or access denied.

Please, tell me what info you must have from me so you can know what's going on...

Thanks

Fabio

Did you install SQL Server Workstation on your local PC?
    Did you register your remote server? Are you able to administrate it with Enterpr.Mngr from your local PC?

Thanks for the help dbmjhs.

Regarding to your questions, yes, I have installed SQL Sever Workstation in our local computer. I did register the remote server (still using Remote Desktop Connection of course). However, The server registration properties has tons of stuff that could be misconfigured. Regarding to administering the remote server using the local EM, no, I'm not able to do it. I tried to add a new server registration, but when EM finalizes the registration it tries to find our SQL server and returns with a message that the server cannot be found or access is denied.

Just a little not: our remote SQL server works with our remote web server, using ADO. We are able to create ASP pages to see and change the databases, but what we want is to use our local Query Analyzer .... Remote Desktop Connection stinks...

Thanks

Fabio