Question Unanswered: Date function for da Boss!?

I installed a first draft of the database on my bosses´ laptop yesterday.

Very embarassed, however, to discover that the date function didn´t work anywhere in my mdb file!

I am talking the standard datefunction. I even tried inserting a new one from the access "insert" menu...

=Format(Date(),"Long Date") & " " & Format(Time(),"Long Time")

Even this one wouldn´t work. And all reports that had Date in them wouldn´t run.

Strange enough, because we have the same version of Access 2000.

Johnny

I asume it's another missing reference problem

you can read more about it here: http://www.mvps.org/access/bugs/bugs0001.htm

hope this can help you

Michael

Just a thought

Check international settings. I've found in the past if a person is set to a different country, funny things can happen with date functions that are designed in another country setting.

Hope that made sense. For example, here in the US we use mm/dd/yyyy as standard, whereas when I was in the UK dd/mm/yyyy is the standard.

When a new computer was configured, the hardware team sometimes forgot to change the settings from US to UK, so I always checked that first...........

Re: Just a thought

Originally posted by TJoy
    Check international settings. I've found in the past if a person is set to a different country, funny things can happen with date functions that are designed in another country setting.

Hope that made sense. For example, here in the US we use mm/dd/yyyy as standard, whereas when I was in the UK dd/mm/yyyy is the standard.

When a new computer was configured, the hardware team sometimes forgot to change the settings from US to UK, so I always checked that first...........
    Hm, strange thing is I originally picked the mdb file from my bosses computer when I started the project. He had done som sketches on his machine.

And another strange thing is that I changed international setting from Swedish, yyyy/mm/dd, to UK dd/mm/yyyy without problems at the middle of the project.

Jo

Hmmm, sounds suspiciously like the internat'l setting may be your problem. Do you have many date functions/calculations going on? What I mean is, would it be feasible to check your settings on each one?

Sometimes making the format explicit each time solves the problem. Not too good going back through all your routines, but going forward may be a good idea.