Question Unanswered: Average Price...without making recordset not updatable...

A Deal can consist of x Purchase Orders and y Sales Orders. All PO:s and SOs have a unit price. And each PO and SO have their own record, with their own POID and SOID. They are related by a common Deal ID.

Later on I want to calculate margins etc, but for now Id like to start with a field on my Dealform that takes an average of all the Purchase and Salesprices per unit.

In other words: price1+price2+price3...priceX / X
    I know there is an average function in Queries but cant get that to work. It will only take an average of PO1 which of course is = PO1. Furthermore I end making the recordset not updatable all the time when i mess with that. I havent quite been able to figure out what makes this happen, but guess it is incompatible conditions or something. So Id rather do an expression in my query:

Something like... AvgPrice: sum[unitprice] in all records / recordcount. Cant get the syntax right. But it should be doable, shouldnt it?

Could it be done directly on an unbound control? I have the PO:s and the SO:s in Subforms on my DEALform.

Johnny

The avg function works for the situation you have described. Post your query that you tried using the avg function.

Thanks!
    Cant seem to understand this recordset not updatable either... Very annoying.

Jo

mdb attached
    Attached Files Attached Files