Unanswered: Java Runtime error during Oracle applic install
Hello DBA's (sorry if it is a bit long)
1. I am trying to install an Oracle App on a SUN SPARC 20 with 256 MB / 9.1 GB.
2. I installed Oracle 8i 184.108.40.206 EE completely and built the DB using Oracle Universal Installer. So the Java components and runtime were also installed I presume.
I have it in /usr/java1.2 with links made during Oracle 8i install.
3. Did post installation according to the manual.
4. Did pre-installation for install of Oracle Clinical application.
5. Put the OC CD into the drive and typed install.sh as requested.
Error: The Java Runtime environment was not found at
. . / .
Hence the universal installer cannot be run.
I am struggling for 2 months now and I am hoping that some guru will wipe out the frustration and anxiety that has made my hair grey. I have also included the contents of the oraparam.ini for Oracle 8i and Oracle CLinical. They look almost the same but for some reason, the Oracle Universal installer does not seem to work for the Oracle Clinical installation.
What could be the reason for this Jav runtime Error?. I checked the web and other sites, but no conceivable answer. I have no access to Metalink. What do I have to do to make the universal installer work?.
Your help is really really appreciated.
ORAPARAM.ini used when installing Oracle 8i 220.127.116.11