Unanswered: Problems with Software Packager

Hi All,

Nice set of forums you have here. I am attempting to re package 9i for windows to cut down the number of CD's I need to distribute with the product. I have been completely unable to get it to add files to a file group. I go through the steps in the tutorial exactly as specified and when the add files wizard is completed no files have been added to the file group. Has anyone successfully repackaged 9i for distribution?

The second question will be has anyone repackaged the Forms 6i client with OSP for installation with the universal installer before I roll back to ORCA and a responce file.

Thanks in advance

PT

Lightbulb for packaging form6i

hello,
    i have read in some documentation that for pachaging forms 6i runtime you need a map files but the probleme is that Oracle does not want to provide it
    I've a question how can i change de prod home value for oracle compenent whith oracle software packager

Red face Re: Problems with Software Packager

Originally posted by happytechie

Hi All,

I am involving in create my own installation cd for my oracle based product.

I have learned that Software Packager & universal installer can bed used for this purpose.

Can you give me some links or resource or tutorial that contain sample codes to use these products and can be a good starting point for me.

Because the picture is not clear to me when i read these product's manuals.

Thanks for your help...

Seren....

Thanks in advance

PT