Thread: onperf

Question Unanswered: onperf

I'm working with HP-UX 11.11 and IDS 2000 v9.21 HC5 and want to use the onperf utility to monitor database performace. I can run onperf fine and the default metrics display in graphical format fine, but when I want to select new metrics to monitor there are no visible fonts in the selection windows, but there are items to choose, I just don't know what the items are. I've checked the LD_LIBRARY_PATH and that looks fine. All my other CDE apps display fine, but onperf doesn't.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Are you getting this far ? see attachment.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails onperf.jpg  

sort of

I get the screen I've attached.

I can select items in the "Metrics available" column but I can't see what I'm selecting.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails onperf.jpg  

Are you able to select a server ???

Yes, I can select a server and select metrics to view and they are displayed on the graph but I don't know which metrics I'm selecting because the fonts aren't being displayed properly.

Sounds like a motif problem -- but take a look at your release notes for Informix and search for onperf. Also, do you have a manual/reference guide for onperf ? Also, see if you can find any release notes for your unix system referencing motif. The more I think about it, the more I think it is motif issue - either the library is corrupted or the font onperf is expecting is not available/corrupted or just bugs (which might be outlined in the release notes) ...

Good luck.

Thanks for your help.

I still don't know why I can't get the display to work in CDE but I did find that if I use a generic Xterm instead of CDE, I can see all the metrics.