Angry Unanswered: License cost for upgrad from OPS to RAC

We are currently negociating a license with Oracle. They are asking for a substantial priemum for RAC. To put it in the blandest possible terms, we feel that, as a license of OPS for over 7 years we are entitled to the upgrade without haveing to pay any additionaly licensing costs for a product that is, essentially, the same thing.

I am interested in what others are doing in this situation.

You need to ask them for a license migration proposal. Your sales representative can't quote it by himself. It must go through a different dept. in Oracle.

Basically, You should get a proposal showing the New Lic + RAC minus the credit for your old licenses. The difference may not be zero, but at least you will get what you pay for....

Best Wished,
    Troy

p.s. We went throught this when migrating from Developer 2000 to Internet Development Suite. Same principal should apply.

We have done that, The number we got back was rather large in my view. I was hoping to gage how others viewed this practice. Changing the name of a product and charging the customer again. Apperently, peopel are OK with this since I have recived only one response.

Personally, I thik it is unconsionable, however, we are maried to Oracle. The devorce would be expensiver, painfull and damaging to the children.