Angry Access Export to Excel Header Problem ..

I have an access db that builds and exports multiple spread sheets to a template.

DoCmd.TransferSpreadsheet acExport, 8, strtablename, "\\templates\output\" & strfilename, True, "TransactionInformation!b4:I4"

The True/False is supposed to designate whether to use headers, but in regardless of choice, the headers from the table exported is placed into the spread sheet.

Is there a way around it so that only the data, no headers, are exported to the spreadsheet?

(my co-worker found on msdn that the headers will always be exported, regardless of true/false.... figures)

I was just dinking around with a macro doing the TransferSpreadsheet action and sure enough whether you put Yes or No in the Field Names, they get transferred.

However, when I did the TransferText action and chose No to Field Names, they did not transfer. When you choose csv as the file extension, it is considered an Excel file.

I don't know if this will be structured enough for what you need, seeing as you specified the transfer range, but thought I would throw it out there for you to consider.

Good thought ... but I need to transfer to the specific ranges....

Last edited by CarbonTwelve; 05-17-02 at 11:03.