Unanswered: assigning read only rights

I was hoping that someone could show me how to assing read only rights to DB2 tables? If this can be done at a group level(we have that set up) or if it has to be done on a individual by individual user basis.

We are running DB2 EEE 7.2 on AIX 4.3.3

thanks in advance

Mark

Re: assigning read only rights

Reoke the exisiting privelages held by the users and groups.

REVOKE SELECT,INSERT,UPDATE,DELETE,CONTROL on <tabname> from <user/group>

Then issue a
    GRANT SELECT ON <tabname> TO <user/group>

Read the chapter on 'Controlling Database Access' in Admin Guide for detailed information.

Originally posted by mark_maz
    I was hoping that someone could show me how to assing read only rights to DB2 tables? If this can be done at a group level(we have that set up) or if it has to be done on a individual by individual user basis.

We are running DB2 EEE 7.2 on AIX 4.3.3

thanks in advance

Mark

So it has to be done on a table per table basis?? or can it be done on the whole database?

btw, thank you for your help

Mark

I have successfully granted connect to the group that requires it, now i am finding out that I need to grant select on the schema.tableame. My question this time is can it be done on the entire schema? ie the access is needed to do the same schema for the group, ex root.tablename where root is the schema that everyone needs to access.

thanks in advance

mark

You'll have to give permissions to tables indivudally ...

Originally posted by mark_maz
    I have successfully granted connect to the group that requires it, now i am finding out that I need to grant select on the schema.tableame. My question this time is can it be done on the entire schema? ie the access is needed to do the same schema for the group, ex root.tablename where root is the schema that everyone needs to access.

thanks in advance

mark